Risk assessment analysis of the sewage network in Chile
Aguas Andinas is Chile’s largest environmental services company, serving about 8 million people. Since November 2021, the company has been implementing the predictive maintenance and the risk assessment process of its sewage and water network using Rheticus Network Alert.
Like all the utilities worldwide, even Aguas Andinas is fighting against structural problems of the sewage and water networks. Having to monitor large areas where damage is often not identifiable from the outside, they generally intervene when damage has already occurred.
To identify subsidence before it becomes critical and to be able to manage the entire network, the largest utility in Chile was looking for an actionable and cost-effective solution that could:
- focus on the operational aspect and not on the mechanisms,
- simplify the inspection campaigns process,
- permanently monitor the asset,
- predict underground problems.
Aguas Andinas is using Rheticus Network Alert to investigate the segments at higher risk of failure, and permanently monitor the asset, thanks to the quarterly periodical updates.
The artificial intelligence system provided by Rheticus allows the largest utility in Chile to have understood and actionable information to identify segments with a high likelihood of failure due to millimeter-scale ground movements that impact the path and, therefore, the integrity of sewer and pipeline networks.
Through the intuitive Rheticus dashboard interface, accessible through any device, Aguas Andinas operators list critical segments, assign addresses, and prepare reports for field inspection teams.
In conclusion, thanks also to the straight collaboration between Aguas Andinas and the Rheticus Service Manager, Aguas Andinas is obtaining results such as:
- Improve workforce efficiency by identifying areas with a high likelihood of failure to prioritize inspection and maintenance activities
- Reduce time and cost to inspect and repair infrastructure – before major failure events occur
- Have a comprehensive view of the entire system thanks to the freshly updated information of wide-area networks (with historical data available)
- Ensure service efficiency and people’s safety
- Protect the environment and assets of the entire territory
Read more about Rheticus Network Alert